Hello! I found that Windows Xp accepts incaming calls and i like to use it to connect my home comp. to the office one. I mean i would like to sit in office, call my pc at home by dialup modem, make it answere and let me see the home network.
I did already have make it answere and (after creating an account) the remote PC connects but we don't see each other. Someone told me to give 192.168.0.1 to the Server PC and 192.168.0.2 to the client, 192.168.0.1 as gateway and 255.255.255.0 as subnet. Can anyone help me with a basic "step by step" procedure in order to reach my goal?
Also...if we make it work...and if i install a software "web server emulator" can the remote PC see my home page just writing my IP in the browser as it already happen in my little 2 PC RJ45 home LAN?
I have Windows Xp professional build 2600
The remote has WinXp Home edition.
I have a ethernet Ne2000 something... and both PC has a 56 K dialup modem.

Thanx a lot !!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

just so u know, with the computer has a broad band connection, then you can create a vpn server on it, and access it via vpn from your office...

You still have to enable file sharing and share files on each machine before they'll see each other.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.