sup guys, i searched everywhere on the web for a solution to my problem.
i work for a company of over 1500 users and only 3 are experiencing this problem.

they can only receive e-mail(outlook) when they refresh the folder. i mean if i send them an e-mail they wont see the mail until the click another folder or the send and receive button. i checked the seetings to receive every 3 mins and notihng happens. i compared the options of outlook with others and are the same.
1 user has office 2000 and windows xp
2 user has office xp and windows xp

i know is a client side problem not on the server, cause i created their profiles on other machines and they work fine.

they are all updated to office sp3 and all the windows patches.
any suggestions

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Barry Taylor

Hello,

Not having Outlook here locally, I cannot search the menus out and see. Is there a menu setting within the program to poll the server every X amount of minutes, and update automatically?

I agree it is a client problem. If you logged into these machines using your Domain account, and you setup your profile on that machine, can you receive your email properly? If so, I would suggest that the problem is in the user's NT profile, and you may need to rebuild them. If your email does not work properly, then I would blame Outlook or the OS, and remove the Outlook client, and re-install.

If that is a lot of work, you may need to simply educate the users to hit F5 once in a while to update the folders.

Good Luck

Christian

export/back-up their msgs, address book(s) & contacts and any other pertinent info/data (like settings, templates, etc); delete & then re-create their client-side mailbox. prior to importing/restoring previous msgs/data test mailbox. if issues persist mail client is corrupted & needs to be reloaded.

Hello,

Not having Outlook here locally, I cannot search the menus out and see. Is there a menu setting within the program to poll the server every X amount of minutes, and update automatically?

Christian

i checked the seetings to receive every 3 mins and notihng happens.
i did check and nothing. is just a random problem..trying to see what those 3 users have in commom

what kind of mail server do you have? Imap? POP3??

i think is imap.

export/back-up their msgs, address book(s) & contacts and any other pertinent info/data (like settings, templates, etc); delete & then re-create their client-side mailbox. prior to importing/restoring previous msgs/data test mailbox. if issues persist mail client is corrupted & needs to be reloaded.

their profiles work on other machines, made from the same image. with no problems, i'm thinking is something they installed, as they have admin rights.

Jiggie make sure the Windows Firewall is turned off, it has produced the identical problem on my own network following a roll out of XP SP2.

Barry

PS you can control this through Group Policy :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.