I want to connect a laptop to a lan so that I can run antispyware program saved in another computer.How do I go through it.This machine is extremely slow and I did a disk clean up and closed most of the startup programs and is still slow,what could be the cause apart from spyware,virus and junk files.it has pentium III inside.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I want to connect a laptop to a lan so that I can run antispyware program saved in another computer.How do I go through it.This machine is extremely slow and I did a disk clean up and closed most of the startup programs and is still slow,what could be the cause apart from spyware,virus and junk files.it has pentium III inside.

JOSHUU- On the side of you laptop ,there sholud be 1 or 2 PCMCIA slots. You will need to insert a PCMCIA II LAN Card and connect an ethernet cable to the "other computer" holding the spyware. Windows on both units "shoul" indentify the hqardware and install the approprate drivers. Once installed each computer will "see" the other. Good Luck.
killentyme :p

You will also have to configure Microsoft networking on both machines to do this. If you haven't done it before and your machine is already infected, I strongly suggest that you try to get the tools you need burned onto a CD to use on the infected machine. Networking is complicated enough without trying to learn it under these circumstances and it may not work anyway because of the problem.

Thanx guys .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.