Hi:
I have a dlink wireless router (D1 514). I just switched from cable modem to DSL and the router seems to be blocking me from viewing hotmail messages. I can get to the hotmail login page and I can view the list of new messages, but I can't view the messages. It tries to connect and then I get a page cannot be displayed message.

When I plug the cable directly into my PC, I don't have this problem. I can view my hotmail. So, the problem is with the router. I checked my system settings and I'm not blocking SSL 2.0 or 3.0.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Try pushing what ever button the Dlink has provided to set all it's settings back to factory default and then reconfigure it from scratch. There may be a setting that was used in the cable modem environment that is inappropriate now.

Hi There !!
I'm an ISP from Nagpur , India . Few of my customers were facing this problem . I've done some changes in their Firewall settings . I've "removed" denial to UDP 443 - 446 in the firewall . Denial to TCP 445 and TCP/UDP 135-139 remain . It has worked immediately on all machines . They were either using Tiny or D-link DI 604 Broadband Routers as firewalls .
I hope it works for you too .

I had the identical problem and fixed it by turning off UPnP in the router. Don't know why it worked but it did.

Hi:
I have a dlink wireless router (D1 514). I just switched from cable modem to DSL and the router seems to be blocking me from viewing hotmail messages. I can get to the hotmail login page and I can view the list of new messages, but I can't view the messages. It tries to connect and then I get a page cannot be displayed message.

When I plug the cable directly into my PC, I don't have this problem. I can view my hotmail. So, the problem is with the router. I checked my system settings and I'm not blocking SSL 2.0 or 3.0.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have a D-Link DI-524. I could never get into hotmail. I tried changing the MTU setting to 1200, and it worked. :lol:

Hi

i have a similar problem i use a DL-624 And i play Guild wars.

That was blocked by me somehow for my nephew but now i have forgotten how to unblock it..

I Can't login, it prevents me from logging into any servers

Help me please

Changing MTU to 1200 did the trick for me too. Thanks a lot for the suggestion

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.