Hi,
I have a situattion that I need help. The situation is I have a workgroup of no more than 5 computers connected to additional resource as printer and scanners, OK one of my computer has a connection to the internet which i use to get my emails from a local ISP. Can anyone give me some hint on how to share the internet connection between all my workgroup computers so that all of them can access the internet via the single computer connected to the Internet.

Your prompt reply would be very much appreciated. Thanx.
Kaksy.

Kaksy, what kind of internet connection do you have? DSL? Cable? A router will allow you to share your Internet, PC files, folders & printers....

P2E

Kaksy, what kind of internet connection do you have? DSL? Cable? A router will allow you to share your Internet, PC files, folders & printers....

P2E

Thanx Mate, I have a dial up Internet Connection connecting to a single computer within my WorkGroup.

Go to Control Panel, then Network Connections.

Go to your Network Connection icon, right click on that. Click the Properties option from the dropdown menu. Then, click the Advanced tab. Next, Make sure the ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) option is checkmarked.

Go to Control Panel, then Network Connections.

Go to your Network Connection icon, right click on that. Click the Properties option from the dropdown menu. Then, click the Advanced tab. Next, Make sure the ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) option is checkmarked.

Thanx Mate, it helped.
Cheers!!!

Thanx Mate, it helped.
Cheers!!!

Awesome ! Glad I could help :)

hi guys. it also help me. i just have one problem. is there anyway that i can blocked some websites like the functionalities of a router which u can filter some sites? thanks..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.