Hi all, I hope you are well. It's been a while since I posted anything on here but I now have a question. I am currently in shared accomodation, with shared internet access using a Netgear wireless router. One of my housemates has taken it upon themselves to configure the router to use OpenDNS, which I have also heard good things about. Now, the problem is, I, and other people in the house are unable to view web pages correctly. The exact issue is that web browsing is slow and more often than not, we have to request a web page twice. On the first request we are likely to get "Page load error", but if refreshed, the page will eventually arrive. This issue was not present before OpenDNS was used, so am I right in thinking the issue is related to OpenDNS? My philosophy on the whole thing is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." There were no problems prior to OpenDNS you see.....

Interestingly enough, when the router was put back to original settings - no problems were encountered. Any thoughts on this ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.