i have a belkin router (wireless) and im having problems with some websites not loading include hotmail.com, amazon.co.uk (amazon.com works for some reason). if anyone has solution or some thing for me to try i would be greatfull. :(

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

A few initial thoughts:

- What makes you think the problem lies with the router?

- If you bypass the router and connect a computer direcly to the Internet, can you then reach the problem sites?

- If you have more than one computer, do they all have this problem?

- Are the pages that you can load the main homepages for hotmail, amazon, etc., or are they secure pages (login pages, purchase pages, etc.) within the sites?

The reason for me thinking its the router is that the pages load through my old bt modem, i have 2 computer at current connected wirelessly throught the router and they both have the problem.

Nether the secured or unsecured pages work on the problem sites.

Ive tried sites such as my webcenter account with lycos but that works fine. any ideas.

Thx

That's a bit of a strange one; I can't think of any settings in a router that would cause that kind of behaviour, but that's not to say it isn't possible.

1. Can you connect either of the computers to the router via an Ethernet cable instead of wirelessly?

2. Have you done a full reset on the router to see if that clears things out?

Thankyou for your ongoing help, but i have now managed to solve my problem with help from another member of the community. :D

Can you post the solution here please? It could help others who experience the same problem.

Thanks.

I thnk i found the problem
Ask to your isp the primary and second DNS.
Config them manually in your router.
Config them manually in your TCP/IP in the computer,
Restart the computer

and wualllaaa everything working OK

please let me know everything.

FeNArrO

Hi

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but I was wondering if I could get some help with this.

My aunty too has a Belkin router, she has the same problem, she cant connect to certain websites through it, the desktop computer and the laptop computer.

If she connects via her old modem the websites work fine, but just cant seem to get them with the router.

She has contacted aol and belkin both say settings are fine and that there is no reason for it not to be working.

I see that fenarro has made a response as to how to fix it, but I'm not very technical minded and neither is my aunty, so can someone please explain it a little better.

Thanks
Ashley

I see that fenarro has made a response as to how to fix it, but I'm not very technical minded and neither is my aunty, so can someone please explain it a little better.

Not sure if he's around; haven't seen him posting lately... I'll do my best to explain:

Ask to your isp the primary and second DNS.

That means you need to ask AOL what their Primary and Secondary DNS are for your Internet. Write it down.

Config them manually in your router.

I've attached a screenshot below (sorry, it's not a Berklin, but hopefully they're similar). Enter the data.

Config them manually in your TCP/IP in the computer

Not exactly sure how to do this, as I'm not on my Windows box right now. I don't think it's entirely critical, but I'll try to find out if the previous step didn't fix it.

Restart the computer

and wualllaaa everything working OK

Hope it works ;)

Hey Joe

Thanks for the help, will get them to try and it and see what happens, it couldnt be any worse than it is now. lol

If they get stuck again I will post for some more help. :cheesy:

Rep added. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.