Hi guys,

I seem to be having a bit of a strange problem, I think it may be a DNS issue but someone may be able to shed some light on it.

I have a pretty complex(for a home network) set up, where by im stretching my wireless internet across two buildings and a large area.

This is achieved by:

Phone Line > Belkin ADSL Router(Router 1) >Wifi> Wireless Repeater >Wifi> PC with the wireless and wired ethernet cards bridged >Ethernet Cable> Another router being used as an access point(Router 2)

After some tweeking this system has been working fine for a couple of weeks. However I occasionally now run into issues where the network goes down, and ping requests sent to the main router(router 1), appear as follows:

C:\Users\Charles>ping 192.168.1.1

Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.25: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

With 192.168.1.25 being the address of the pc im pinging from.

Can anyone see any reason for this? Its an intermmitant issue which makes it harder for me to track down.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

are you using wireless? then it's not in the reachable position or if you are using lan then may be your cable is not working well so check the all connection and confirm that

The signal is fine, i get full bars, and have checked the exact strength with InSSIDer. The ethernet cable is also fine.

then why don't you use static ip instead of dhcp.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.