I'm looking for some networking software that will map out a Class B network automatically. On top of that I'm wanting that software to also pull information from active directory about the user information for the items mapped, like user full name, log in name, phone number...ect. Or nothing else use the mapping software that will pull the information out of a couple lotus databases.

If anyone knows of any software that would help me out please let me know.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I'm moving this to the Networking forum; you'll get some network-savy eyeballs on your question faster there.

As far as mapping goes, there are a few products mentioned here (although I don't know if any of them can pull the AD data in the way that you describe):

http://www.pcquest.com/content/networking/2004/104040704.asp

Hello,

What is your base operating system? There are tools for every OS out there.

Christian

I would be able to use whatever OS the software was needing - XP, 2000, Server... As long as the software did everything that I'm wanting it to, I will find whatever requirements are needed for it.

I would be able to use whatever OS the software was needing - XP, 2000, Server... As long as the software did everything that I'm wanting it to, I will find whatever requirements are needed for it.

So...you don't even know what kind of data you need the software to output?

No... he knows what kind of data he needs to output, just not what OS to use.

I'd imagine you'd want to use anything 2000 or recent-- something that works well already with Active Directory.

Thank you alc6379. Yes, I would like to use 2000 or XP Pro which I currently have on the network. I do know what kind of data I want. In short I'm looking for a glorified active directory that will give a visual diagram of our network by floors and by sites, that will provide all information on the users of the computers on the network along with what is running, processing, installed (hotfixes, programs...) on those computers.

Also thank you DMR for that site I did try those programs that were listed, I had already tried the LANsurveyor which was half of what I was needing. I thought that program did an excellent job on mapping and pulling some of the info from the nodes that it found, even printers. But again it didn't give any of the other info that i was looking for.

So again if any one knows of any software that does what I am looking for please let me know I am getting frustrated of trying to find this. Thank You.

Visio 2000 can pull information from A.D. and somewhat organize it. You'll want to Google that information though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.