I am running Windows XP and am using a SOHO router to share my cable internet connection between 2 computers. Today I tried to upgrade the router software by following the instructions given in the router manual which are as follows:
1. Ensure that igate28.bin is located in your current working directory.
2. At DOS prompt, type "tftp <the SOHO router's IP address> get upgrade".
3. Type "tftp -i <the SOHO router's IP address> put igate28.bin
4. Wait or the transfer successful message.
5. The upgrade is now completed.
My router's IP address is 192.168.1.1 so I typed "tftp 192.168.1.1 get upgrade", as soon as I did this my router stopped working; I couldn't access the internet and when I tried to access the router by typing 192.168.1.1 in my web browser I get a "The page cannot be displayed" message.
I have tried resetting the router by pressing the reset button on the router but this doesn't seem to help.
I have also checked to make sure that my router's IP address is still 192.168.1.1 by typing in "ipconfig /all" in the command prompt and it shows that the Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1 which I think is my router.
Is there anyone who could help me? I would very much appreciate it, thanks.