Hi there,

I 'm new to this forum and just wanted to discuss a problem which i'm encountering.
I have wireless internet setup and we have 2 laptops running, One is with OS Vista and mine is XP Home, The problem here is i always get disconnected from wireless saying "Limited Connectivity" and every now and then i 've to repair my network to get the connection back and my friends laptop has VISTA and he has no such problem of disconnecting.

Pls help me out here this a creating a lot of problem during downloads suddenly disconnects

Thanks in advance

You can also try the folowing commands to reset winsock and tcp/ip if you have SP2:

start-run-cmd :
"netsh winsock reset" and press enter (without qoutes)
"netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" and press enter
(without qoutes)

You have a DSL connection with a modem and you have a computer with a network adapter. What sort of router do you have between the modem and computer to be able to share your internet connection?

Hi there,

I 'm new to this forum and just wanted to discuss a problem which i'm encountering.
I have wireless internet setup and we have 2 laptops running, One is with OS Vista and mine is XP Home, The problem here is i always get disconnected from wireless saying "Limited Connectivity" and every now and then i 've to repair my network to get the connection back and my friends laptop has VISTA and he has no such problem of disconnecting.

Pls help me out here this a creating a lot of problem during downloads suddenly disconnects

Thanks in advance

I have a 2wire Modem cum DSL router.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.