Fulgor 0 Newbie Poster

Hi people!

Our organisation recently went into some trouble as our netword administrator quitted and refused to give us passwords for our on network. Well anyway decided to crack the passwords myself and succeeded into breaking into the domain, reseted admin pass ect... and so far so good. However we also have a cisco call Manager, and thats where its getting tricky. Our Domain controllers primary and back up are both running on windows server 2003 as our Call manager are running on server 2000. Moreover the latter doesn t seem to be working on the domain as my domain admin account was invalid on the call manager. As a result i had to crack in the call manager as well and i decided to reset the BackAdmin password instead of the Administrator. So I blanked the pass then logged and changed it. A bit later I checked events and security logs and i had like 1 failure audit per second. Here is the security log:

Logon Failure:
Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
User Name: BackAdmin
Domain: CCM1
Logon Type: 4
Logon Process: DCOMSCM
Authentication Package: Negotiate
Workstation Name: CCM1

and here is the system log:

Source: DCOM
Category: None
Type: Error
Event ID: 10004
User: N/A
Computer: CCM1

Desription:
DCO: got error "logon failure: unknown user name or bad password." and was unable to logon. \BackAdmin in order to run the server:
{208ACE9F-6E2D-47B7-BFDA-9949F58C5565}

Both logs occur at a rate of 1 per second.

If qnyone could give me a lead that woud be greatly appreciated.
PS: try make it easy to understand as i am no expert for the time being.

Thanks to everyone in advance
Jerome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.