I have a motherboard marked with the model number W6LXA-0. I went to lots of search engines and typed that in but nothing came up. There are also a few different names on it (SMC, PhaseLink, TMF, Intel and American megatrends) does anyone know anything about this board or where I could get info on it? This board also has an Award bios copyright 1997 serial number: 104962117

I have a motherboard marked with the model number W6LXA-0. I went to lots of search engines and typed that in but nothing came up. There are also a few different names on it (SMC, PhaseLink, TMF, Intel and American megatrends) does anyone know anything about this board or where I could get info on it? This board also has an Award bios copyright 1997 serial number: 104962117

Assuming that it uses a Slot 1 Pentium II processor, it's probably an Intel board with the LX chipset. It was the predecessor to the BX chipset. The LX supports 66 MHz SDRAM and 2 USB ports, along with a 1x AGP slot. This series of boards was commonly used in Gateway computers and tops out at (about) a 400 MHz processor due to its 66 MHz front-side bus.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.