(Yes, I am behind the times, but bear with me.)

I finally picked up an Ipod and have started loading it with music. However, I have one question: Is there a way to delete music from Itunes without having it deleted from the iPod the next time it synchs? It is an Ipod Touch with 64 GB and I really don’t want to have 64 GB of the computer filled up with music; I would rather just delete it once it is loaded onto the Ipod. Is there a way around this?

Turn off automatic syncing. Then when you want to add new music to your ipod drag it from either explorer or itunes to your ipod and it will add it. You can then do whatever you want with the files without automatically deleting them. This is probably the easiest way to do what you want though there are a few others.

(Yes, I am behind the times, but bear with me.)

I finally picked up an Ipod and have started loading it with music. However, I have one question: Is there a way to delete music from Itunes without having it deleted from the iPod the next time it synchs? It is an Ipod Touch with 64 GB and I really don’t want to have 64 GB of the computer filled up with music; I would rather just delete it once it is loaded onto the Ipod. Is there a way around this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.