hi recently i boughtfull HD samsung led & i would like to buy set top box for better picture quality. But i m confused about that. So should i buy HD set top box or only simple digital set top box? Would i get HD picture quality on simple degital set top box or for that i have to buy HD set top box only?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Don't you rent the set top box from your cable provider?

Digital doesn't necessarily equal HD when dealing with providers so look at the specs carefully.

In the UK you can either get a set top box from your cable or satellite provider as part of the subscription, or there are various 'Freeview HD' subscription free channels for which you can just simply buy a suitable set top box and then pay nothing further. I'm not sure what the situation is in India where the original poster is from...

I'm not sure what the situation is in India where the original poster is from...

But you can bet the boxes are programmed using Turbo C....

Hehe, methinks you are right there :)

i m going to buy STB from cable operator only. Actualy one of my friend having LG LCD + Digital STB. and still he can watch few HD channels. how it is possible? if yes then is it give you HD picture quality? hence he is convincing me to dont go for HD STB. pls help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.