What is the optimal arrangement to learn programming languages?

Recommended Answers

What do you mean by arrangement? Are you asking about hardware specifications? If it is specs, then any working computer with a modern OS will do really. Faster CPU and more memory are nice but not essential for learning to program.

Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

What do you mean by arrangement? Are you asking about hardware specifications? If it is specs, then any working computer with a modern OS will do really. Faster CPU and more memory are nice but not essential for learning to program.

There are a gazillion computer programming languages, some of which are main-stream and some of which are niche languages, and others are just plain old languages (Fortran, APL, PL/M, etc). I have professionally used dozens. These days, my main programming languages are shell scripts (bash, python, perl), web languages (PHP, JavaScript, HTML, etc), C/C++, and Java. Most of my work uses JavaScript and bash. In my last position before this, it was C, C++, Java, and PHP with some JavaScript and HTML/CSS thrown in for good measure. Not to mention the usual database languages (SQL, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, etc).

So, all that cruft aside, what do you want to do? That will help to determine which languages you should start with. And I do want to emphasize that a good foundation in formal/boolean logic will go a long way in a software development career, no matter the language of choice.

Thank you . I meant in any programming language for the Web
To start
And now I know what I want first html, css
Then javascript and php

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.