The latest from Microsoft research: a new language based on O'Calm, called F#.

Read about it and download the compiler and documentation to try it for yourself.
Make your colleagues scratch their heads wondering what the heck you're writing in :cheesy:

http://research.microsoft.com/projects/ilx/fsharp.aspx

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

looks like a cross between vb and c++ (or is that .net and c# these days????) looked a bit complicated after c++ reading logically and so nicely...

i am reading Expert F# (Apress/2007) and I admit, I was hooked after seeing the syntax for a high-common-factor function.
It looks like this:
let rec hcf a b =
if a=0 then b
elif a<b then hcf a (b-a)
else hcf (a-b) b

where
hcf is the function,
rec means its recursive
and elif is "else if"

commented: email a message to yourself to 3 years ago when it might have been topical to post. -2

how data will stored in FAT(File Allocation Table)??.. and what is Aloha in Networking Subject..???

what is Aloha in Networking Subject..???

Aloha is the computer networking system which uses random access technique. It is a random access technique because in this whenever the source has a frame to send, it sends that frame. If that frame successfully reache the destination then the source will send the another frame but if the frame is failed to be delivered at the destination then it will resend that frame.
Aloha protocol is of two types:
-Pure Aloha, and
-Slotted Aloha

i am new to this languages , can anyone tell is this .net or seesharp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.