there are many info about it but what does this mean? what does object orienting mean?

and what Oriented prog. language is better?

sorry for my weakness english. :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

OOP is the use of interfaces (as they're called in C# and Java) and the creation of things that obey those interfaces. This is the necessary and sufficient condition.

Some languages with support for object oriented programming are better than others (for example, Scala is better than Java), but there's no true best OOP language because they have different uses -- whether you need type safety, whether you need memory safety, whether you want to run on the JVM or .NET, whether you need efficiency, whether you need to use some particular library, and so forth.

Now let's see how long it takes before some idiot starts babbling about encapsulation.

So a Java interface is more important than a Java Object in your opinion? Since the purpose of object oriented programming is to use Objects? If you are talking about interfaces in general then I take that back, but you specifically mentioned Java interfaces. .

So a Java interface is more important than a Java Object in your opinion? Since the purpose of object oriented programming is to use Objects? If you are talking about interfaces in general then I take that back, but you specifically mentioned Java interfaces. .

I'm talking about the idea of interfaces in general -- the fact that some particular object takes some particular set of methods, where you don't need to care what type the object really is an instance of.

Just because you're using "objects" doesn't mean you're doing object oriented programming. In that sense, the term "object" is a synonym for "value" -- you use "objects" when doing procedural programming too. "Object oriented" is really an inaccurate term to use -- "interface oriented" might have been a better term. But it's the objects that obey the interfaces, so "object oriented" ended up being the name.

Agreed, then. Just wanted to clarify.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.