hi,
could someone plz tell me why do I get this messege when I'm connected to the intenet.

"Message from SySTEM to ALERT
microsft windows has encountered an internal Error your windows registry is corrupted
we recommend a complete sysytem scan"

what kind of virus is this and what should i do?
I think i my send and receive is not usual and my computer is sendind a lot of data.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Sounds like malware to me.

hi,
could someone plz tell me why do I get this messege when I'm connected to the intenet.

"Message from SySTEM to ALERT
microsft windows has encountered an internal Error your windows registry is corrupted
we recommend a complete sysytem scan"

what kind of virus is this and what should i do?
I think i my send and receive is not usual and my computer is sendind a lot of data.

That does not sound like a virus, but like the annoying Windows Messenger service. That thing about your Windows Registry is pure bullshit.

If you are the Administrator of your machine, go to Services, and locate the "Messenger". Hit Properties, and change the Startup Type to Disabled.

I strongly suggest you to rightly configure your firewall and -read well- every warning it shows to you. Don't hit Ok like crazy.... ;)

thx,I have disabled the Startup Type,and I don't get any Windows Messenger service.
BUT I still think that my send and receive is unsual.
I scaned my pc with Ad-Aware SE and attached the resultes here so that it may help you to sovle my problem.
thx again

thx,I have disabled the Startup Type,and I don't get any Windows Messenger service.
BUT I still think that my send and receive is unsual.
I scaned my pc with Ad-Aware SE and attached the resultes here so that it may help you to sovle my problem.
thx again

Well Zizi, remove Cydoor and the darn Browser Hijacker. Alexa is not harmful (somebody please corrects me if I'm wrong). Maybe that operation will require a restart.

I'm still curious about your bandwidth usage. Have you tried the firewall option?

If you can post a dump of the "netstat" command output, nice.

I have installed a firewall and I not having any troble now.
thx Alvein. :)

That does not sound like a virus, but like the annoying Windows Messenger service. That thing about your Windows Registry is pure bullshit.

If you are the Administrator of your machine, go to Services, and locate the "Messenger". Hit Properties, and change the Startup Type to Disabled.

I strongly suggest you to rightly configure your firewall and -read well- every warning it shows to you. Don't hit Ok like crazy.... ;)

i have this same problem and i scanned comp with spybot got rid of alot my preferences were on diabled yet i still get thsis alert what can i do

mine is coming up computer detected spyware that may be slowing down actions on the computer i never did anything this got me lost

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.