Hi, i am new to programming and have self taut myself PHP. I am very comfortable with PHP and know the gist of things. But my real set back is the terminology and logical or theory side of programming. Where must i begin to learn this, or what websites or YouTube can teach me this? Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

the terminology and logical or theory side of programming.

As in general programming?

well this is a long and broad topic and in any case being in a computer science or a related course will give more information about this, how about an online course :)

As for me I can't really recall my early days as a student but it's more or less about History of Computer(Software), Concepts involving IT, binary digits and C programming

Hmm thank you, and yeah like if i have a problem, what steps must i under go to solve it. etc... So its really not important that i know these things?

what steps must i under go to solve it.

get the pseudocode or algorithm of the problem?

get the pseudocode or algorithm of the problem?

Thanks, i guess its logical to do that. :)

Thanks,
Marais

Hmm thank you, and yeah like if i have a problem, what steps must i under go to solve it. etc... So its really not important that i know these things?

It's critical that you know those things. Problem solving is the core of programming after all, but I'm not aware of any resources that teach it in a methodical way. It's mostly just trial and error. However, if you're interested in boosting your understanding of computer science, I'd say start seriously learning data structures and algorithms. You'll find that a strong foundation in those two goes a loooooong way, mostly because all of the key concepts for programming can be gleaned out of studying data structures and algorithms. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.