Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by alexstone

Daniweb is more of a Q&A forum for pointed questions and discussion. It's not well suited for teaching someone from scratch. Might I suggest Khan Academy?

Votes + Comments
Great suggestion!

try looking and asking on www.reddit.com/r/learnprogramming
Be aware that asking a question in the form that you are asking is basically "Please tell me how to learn to ocean." So I'd strongly think about what you want to do with programming and start with some small basic problems or purchase a book on programming. Many programmers are self taught, even at college level the teachers are typically there to introduce you to a concept and you need to work everything out on your own, so it is not unheard of to just learn basics from a book. I'd suggest starting with something easy if you are on your own, if you have the option to take classes C is an excellent starting point, if not you may want to approach python and java at first, which are much 'easier' to understand and self teach.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.