we all know that Caeasar Cipher accepts only alphabets from A-Z and its key is n<=26.
Caesar Cipher does not accept numbers.
last night , I found an exercise which said that this code a certain code is encoded using Caesar Cipher BUT this code is a composed of numbers and alphabets like for example "69bc". This surprised me because as I said :" Caesar Cipher does not accept numbers" but I see a code with numbers and not only alphabets and this code must be decrypted to plain text.

the solution does not interest me . I am very very interested on and my questions are :
**2)how a code, which is composed from numbers and alphabets, is created using Caesar Cipher encoding???
1)how to decrypt a code (which is encoded using Ceasar Cipher and composed not only from alphabets but numbers like for example "69dc" )if we know that Cisaer Cipher does not accept numbers????????
any help would be appreciated

Edited by pritaeas: Moved to Computer Science.

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ddanbe

I suspect the code is shown using hexadecimal(base16), which is composed of numbers and the letters A-F. If this is correct, the code, will most likely, have to be broken down into 2 character strings and converted to 8-bit bytes(base10), assuming ASCII encoding and not Unicode.

Edited by tinstaafl

Look at an ASCII table. What is wrong with extending Ceasar cypher to more than 26 letters of the alfabet? It would make the decyphering a bit harder, I guess.

Edited by ddanbe: addition

Greetings,

In my opinion, it is just a trick to deceive the others who don't belong to the encryption parts so that some letters have been converted into ASCII code, or written in whose hexadecimal form.

Regards.

"Look at an ASCII table. What is wrong with extending Ceasar cypher to more than 26 letters of the alfabet? It would make the decyphering a bit harder, I guess."

ok , you are right but explain to me , please, how? with examples and details

how to decrypt extended Caesar Cipher with a key that is for example between( 26-100) and a code with a bunch of weird characters like for example asd456?!!!ÄÖ<<<;.

Assuming ASCII here.
Instead of modulo 26, use modulo N (the number of chars from 0 to z for example)

thank you very much , I will try and I will inform you if something get wrong :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.