I'm getting this error message

An exception occured while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.ConnectionInfo)

CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error:262)

When I try to create a new database from the right click option on the master DB. I think this is a permission problem with the account I'm using but I don't know if it is or how to fix it.

This is running on Windows Vista and the account I'm logging into SQL with is my machines admin account. This has me stumped cause last week it was fine, I created a DB no problems. This week, it's not allowing me to create a DB.

Any helps appreciated cause at the moment I'm pulling out my hair

Problem solved. My account was never an admin account, I'd turned off the UAC on Vista the week before and that let me create the new DB. I had to turn it off again, give my account admin permissions and then turn it back on and I was then able to create my DB.

Phew!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.