Hi, I have been trying to get MySQL to work on my apache server with PHP on it. My Apache
version is 1.3.29 and my PHP version is 5.0.0RC2. I'm also running Windows XP Professional SP2 32 bit. I tried modifying the php.ini file to load the php_mysql.dll, but I keep getting an error whenever I restart Apache. My Apache directory is C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\, and my PHP directory is C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\PHP\. The directory with the dynamic link libraries (dlls) in it is C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\PHP\ext\. The error pops up three times, and then Apache starts, and I can view my server with IE 7.

I have attached my php.ini from my %SYSTEMROOT% directory as well as a picture of the error.

Please help!:-/

Nevermind, i got it! I had an old libmysql.dll in my C:\windows\system32 directory. I deleted it and it worked perfectly.

Calvin,
If I may ask, of what web management is the combination of WAMP especially with the involvement of WindowsXP? I need some information on this for futuristic purposes. Hope to recieve your response soon. Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.