I have a php webpage file that contain all the file and the code i want to edit that database content from all the file extrcted from the www folder of the wamp serve rthat will be use to connect to the database pls where will i get the database from cause i have just install a new wamp server on my system pls help me out

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Wow, a big fan of run-on sentences myself. Are you asking about wamp on your local machine? Most versions of wamp come with phpmyadmin installed. Try putting this in the url:
http://localhost/phpmyadmin
Or, if you want to access the db via php use

mysql_connect('localhost', 'root','');

Thanks a lot for your respond!

Really i have been working with php and mysql and i understand how it works but i dont know how to get the access to the database of a file unlike SQL Server that you will know where the database is store where you retrive the file from the server and make an edition to the database that is the exact thing that i want to do here!

What i am really saying is that i have a web application that is running online and i need to edit some other things on the information on the database before sending it bck to my server machine!

Wow, a big fan of run-on sentences myself. Are you asking about wamp on your local machine? Most versions of wamp come with phpmyadmin installed. Try putting this in the url:
http://localhost/phpmyadmin
Or, if you want to access the db via php use

mysql_connect('localhost', 'root','');

Your host should have supplied you an admin panel. Inside should be phpadmin. It is a web application GUI that allows you to make changes to the db. If you don't have phpmyadmin in your console, mysqlcc is a decent alternative.

Your host should have supplied you an admin panel. Inside should be phpadmin. It is a web application GUI that allows you to make changes to the db. If you don't have phpmyadmin in your console, mysqlcc is a decent alternative.

I have a wampserver that have phpmyadmin in it but i do not see the database that is in the phpmyadminpls i need your help on that!

Man, I still don't understand what you are asking. If your db is showing up in the phpmyadmin panel and you need to get the source files for the db, check in mysql/data.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.