Hi All,
I have put together a service delivery application in Access that needs to send SMS messages to technicians in the field. Any ideas on how I may achieve this?

Regards

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi and welcome to DaniWeb. I don't have the solution to your question but I know it would help others if you provided a little more information like if the SMS messages are going to be sent out once a day at a certain time, or if you need to let all your techs know something at once via SMS? I know that you can send SMS Messages from your computer via MSN Messenger, AOL, I think you can even do it on Skype.

Hi and welcome to DaniWeb. I don't have the solution to your question but I know it would help others if you provided a little more information like if the SMS messages are going to be sent out once a day at a certain time, or if you need to let all your techs know something at once via SMS? I know that you can send SMS Messages from your computer via MSN Messenger, AOL, I think you can even do it on Skype.

The idea is to be able to SMS job details from the job record to the tech on demand. I have been looking at an application called Ozeki Message server which uses an odbc shared db to transfer the info (regularly scans the db on a set time) but would prefer having the capability within the access app instead of having to start up multiple apps.

Search forum, there been many questions in regards of this in various technologies (Java, VB, etc)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.