ecathell 0 Newbie Poster

Hi everyone.

I have a survey database that I am developing for a client. It started out as a question/answer database for a single application, but after a requirements change, I think its better to got with a survey engine.

Link to Database Diagram

There are some caveats that you need to be aware of. First all user data is currently held in an external database. We do not want to redundently store the information into this database. We are using a view to access the necessary information from that database.

however....(there is always a but)

we need to control how surveys are answered. I would like to do as much of that in the database as I can.

For instance in this first application there will be 2 surveys. The first survey is only ever displayed once. The other survey is to be displayed so long as it has never been answered based on the person, place, and appt type.(which are in the view I discussed earlier) This view is being used to alert the questioner as to which survey has been asked.

Person1 first ever visit gets xSurvey
Person1 visits new location gets ySurvey
Person1 visits same location and gets no survey.

The questions and answers are dynamic. I had this section working before the requirements change. However now it may be a bit more complicated.

Ill try and clear things up as questions are answered.

The main point of this is to track the Answers for marketing. We will need to be able to track which answers a particular user gave(at least for the person level survey which gets opt-in information).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.