Hi
I have a program that i need it to be a portable prog i meant in destination system there isn't sql server and without it i need my program work successfully but this program used sql server they said me i have to change my database into SQLEXPRESS ,before i change it to sqlexpress i could backup and restore it successfully but now it is'nt possible how i can make it Portable and how i can backup and restore it?(i need to restore it in different names)
i have to explain that my program is not server based

You can specify the file names to restore to:

RESTORE DATABASE [ServMan] FROM  DISK = N'K:\Volume3\BackupSqlDbo\ServManNew_backup_200908302125.bak' WITH  FILE = 1,  MOVE N'ServManNew' TO N'D:\Microsoft SQL Server\Data\ServMan.mdf',  MOVE N'ServManNew_log' TO N'D:\Microsoft SQL Server\Data\ServMan_log.ldf',  NOUNLOAD,  REPLACE,  STATS = 10

Notice I am restoring from "ServManNew.bak" to the database "ServMan". I have two databases "ServManNew" and "ServMan" and the above example restore one db backup to the other db.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.