The name of this question is oracle project
Hello and Thank you in advance for any assistance.

System info:

I presently use Netbeans6.7,MySQL,glassfish to work with learning JSF and java apps etc.

The Purpose of this post is:

I recently was presented with a tutorial to learn JSF and databases. It uses Oracle stuff.
(Ex)
Creating the TopLink Project The following instructions describe how to create a TopLink project using the Mapping Workbench.
Step 1: Launch OracleAS TopLink Mapping Workbench. Then, select File and New Project... from the main menu. In the Create New Project dialog, provide the name of an existing database (e.g. orcl) and click

The functionality of this code is:

My question is:

Is there any one familiar with this “OraclAS TopLink” program ? Can I just add it to what Im using now (listed above) ? It seems as if this program could use my MySQL databases and my programs written with Netbeans using glassfish and it will allow me to work with oracle toplink to make the database work with the class files.

Is this even close?

The errors related to this code are:

Code description:

Thanks again.
-ceyesumma

Note:
………………………………………………………………………………………………

Code description

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have never used the toplink program but to me it seems as though it just "creates" the sql statements for you.

Regarding mysql and oracle, they both require different drivers, other than that it should be ok to use the same code

I have never used the toplink program but to me it seems as though it just "creates" the sql statements for you.

Regarding mysql and oracle, they both require different drivers, other than that it should be ok to use the same code

Thanks Thirusha;
That makes sense. I just used to the MySQL and it's command prompt window and the oracle database does so much I have to figure out out to just re-build my databases in it. No clue yet.

Are Netbeans,eclipse and jdevelper all just ides for java code?

I am installing jdeveloper now. It is time to leave netbeans.

Thanks again
-Steve

Are u then using a mysql database or an oracle database?

The commands to create tables and insert data are the same. what u can do is get sqldeveloper, then just create connections to the database, and then you can run the create and insert sql statements from there.

I would suggest netbeans as an IDE, its much easier than jdeveloper or eclipse with regards to ease of use.

thanks

I will check that out

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.