Hi team,

1)There are 2 independent AIX platform available with 10g database running on it
Mainly-Production and the other test machine

2)There is 2 tables which needs to be brought down from production to test machine

I know expdp/impdp plays the key<commands as below-correct me if the below command needs some more modifications>

expdp <userid/password> file=empdept.dmp tables=(EMP,DEPT) log=empdept.log

impdp <userid/password> file=empdept.dmp log=empdept.log

I have some clarifications to be made!

1)Its a schema level exp/import( i mean i log in as the user whose table i want to export)
2)What are Pre/Post things to be done before i take the export/Import

Request you all to please guide me for the same.Also provide me with the steps if any!

Thanks for your patience!

regards
Whizkidash

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The new utility is known as expdp to differentiate it from exp, the original export. In this example, we will use Data Pump to export a large table, CASES, about 3GB in size. Data Pump uses file manipulation on the server side to create and read files; hence, directories are used as locations. In this case, we are going to use the filesystem /u02/dpdata1 to hold the dump files.

Connect as SYS or SYSTEM
SQL> create directory dpdata1 as '/u02/dpdata1';
SQL> grant read, write on directory dpdata1 to ananda;

Next, we will export the data:
$ expdp ananda/abc123 tables=CASES directory=DPDATA1
dumpfile=expCASES.dmp job_name=CASES_EXPORT

Hope it helps.
Alistair

Hi team,

1)There are 2 independent AIX platform available with 10g database running on it
Mainly-Production and the other test machine

2)There is 2 tables which needs to be brought down from production to test machine

I know expdp/impdp plays the key<commands as below-correct me if the below command needs some more modifications>

expdp <userid/password> file=empdept.dmp tables=(EMP,DEPT) log=empdept.log

impdp <userid/password> file=empdept.dmp log=empdept.log

I have some clarifications to be made!

1)Its a schema level exp/import( i mean i log in as the user whose table i want to export)
2)What are Pre/Post things to be done before i take the export/Import

Request you all to please guide me for the same.Also provide me with the steps if any!

Thanks for your patience!

regards
Whizkidash

Basic export / import (exp/imp) will work for, no need to go for data pump version (may involve access issue for creating directory).

But ensure to disable all the triggers on the target schema before importing . Later on you can enable those.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.