Hello,
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I'm on admin account and all I want is to develop my ASP.NET pages on my main system - not only on virtual machine with XP istalled.
The problem is that I cannot access the database on Win 7. IIS is working, ASP.NET pages are working fine until database is used.
(XP is working fine on admin account without any additional setup)

So I'd like to ask If any of you know how to setup SQL server or how to modify IIS setup to get it working. I've used google to find out solution, there was many advices but non of them worked for me.

So any link|advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Errors are:

For:
<connectionStrings>
    <add name="ApplicationServices" connectionString="data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|\aspnetdb.mdf;User Instance=true"
      providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\Database.mdf;Integrated Security=true;User Instance=true"
  </connectionStrings>

Error is:

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed.

For:
  <connectionStrings>
    <add name="ApplicationServices" connectionString="data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|\aspnetdb.mdf;User Instance=true"
    <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\Database.mdf;Integrated Security=true;User Instance=false"
  </connectionStrings>

Error is:

CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.
An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pokus\App_Data\Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.

SQL server setup is on shared memory and running as local
screenshot of the setup
http://sis.kvalitne.cz/SqlServerConfigurationManager.png
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.