Primarily, I need a table of employees with the following fields: Name, Photo(s), and Bio. So the rest should be easy enough, but I know nothing about databases.... so the photo field I'm assuming should be of the blob type, however I need to have a primary photo, and then additional ones. So I don't know if I need to have those separately and call them into the table or something... reference them... yeah clearly I have no idea. But that's my goal. How do I go about doing it? Thank you in advance.

ALSO: On the Employees page, I need to display a gallery of thumbnails of each employee's primary photo, display the name underneath each photo, and have the thumbnails link to their respective profile pages, which will display everything: name, photo, bio, and then additional photos below.

Edited by caltech: addendum

6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by nice123

If there can be multiple images per employee the best way to do it is create another table to hold the images. It will have 2 columns, the employee ID and the URI to the image. Thus it can have many images listed against one employee. Instead of storing the images in the database, store them in a folder and the database table holds the file path to the image.

You will need to create an additional table for images:
ImageID int not null autoincrement,
EmployeeID int not null,
Image blob

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.