Hi! I want to move on from programming with Access database to MySQL. So I downloaded MySQL Workbenc 5.2CE from here, Installed it and I made my way into even creating a database and a table in it. I just want to know, will it be any different to connect to this Workbench than databases made with previous versions of MySQL? Are the procedures (codes) going to be similar? This version looks like its difference from what I have been reading from tutorials around.

I will appreciate any guidance.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

just want to know, will it be any different to connect to this Workbench than databases made with previous versions of MySQL? Are the procedures (codes) going to be similar? This version looks like its difference from what I have been reading from tutorials around.

The installation is the same.

Both have the same structure, queries and function, procedure, etc....

You can read this article that explained how MySQL Workbench works more in details:

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mysql/article.php/3918776/MySQL-Workbench---Top-13-things-you-should-know.htm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.