This is my word "नमस्कार". (It is Indian language (Marathi language) ) mysql is showing like something in image attached

How to store Unicode characters to Mysql to show properly?

Attachments unicode.JPG 11.92 KB
Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by vizz

try storing collation as utf8_general_ci for the varchar/text column, then normal update insert will save it in unicode

I am using utf8_general_ci but it is showing characters like in image attached

and also tried with utf8_unicode_ci,

it gives correct out put on php page but, when I go to database it shows "नमस्कार",

this value is for word "नमस्कार"

Database should display word("नमस्कार") as it is("नमस्कार") in database window(for me its phpmyadmin)

(I have big database of words)

I think its depend on how you use php or any other application to pass information to mysql server.
In phpmyadmin when i pasted नमस्कार, it is stored well in same way (i m using utf8* collation)

Also if you store codes in mysql, that also can be represented in language word on browser very well.

So just check your database updating pages, how they behaving.

Edited by urtrivedi

if I insert नमस्कार using php, it inserts code for this word, I want to insert नमस्कार as it is using php into mysql database (phpmyadmin)

codes are working but I do not want any codes for words. I want to insert words as it is into mysql database

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.