Any ideas please on where should I look for help with making a site (lecaff.fr) that includes phpmyadmin, work on the remote server. It works fine on the testing server and through various browsers using Dreamweaver cs6 and phpMyAdmin 3.3.9. It also responds when I comment out the php script.

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

What exactly is not working, phpMyAdmin? Please provide some more information.

Yes - is it for example, because you .htaccess does not allow access to it or what?

Thank you very much for replying. The site functions perfectly in Dreamweaver CS6; I can go "live" or through a browser and the forms that use the database work beautifully. I upload the site to the server (Infinology) and the site will not open. If I comment out the php code and re-upload, the site works again but, of course, without the data.

Did you change the database credentials? Do you have error checks? Error messages? Anything?

No errors are reported. I exported the data from my machine to the server so the data should be identical. What should I look for in .htaccess?

When I set upp the database and record set, it was to the phpMyAdmin on my pc. Does "localhost" make the connection in the connections file or, should there be something else? The connections file looks like this:

<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_ssfconnect = "localhost";
$database_ssfconnect = "events";
$username_ssfconnect = "bren";
$password_ssfconnect = "*****";
$ssfconnect = mysql_pconnect($hostname_ssfconnect, $username_ssfconnect, $password_ssfconnect) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR); 
?>

I hope I get this sorted out soon; I'm running out of Easter Eggs. I suppose there's always peanuts...

Check that hostname, I've never had a 'live' host (either paid or free) where I was able to use 'localhost', the ones I used have remote servers for mysql, so have a different hostname from your site.

I've reconfigured the phpMyAdmin setup on the remote server, all is ticketyboo there. Now when I go to the localhost phpMyAdmin, I get the following error. phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server. What a nightmare! Do you know if there is a file that I can edit to check the configuration please?

phpMyAdmin uses an INI file, just like PHP does. If you have access to the install folder, then you can access it there.

Many thanks, I do have access, I've searched for .ini with no luck any idea of the ini file's name?

config.inc.php (my bad, thought it was an INI).

Thanks, I'll get on it as soon as I'm back at my desk.

Sorry it took so long to get back; we've had some excitement here. I don't think the config.inc.php file is going to help

<?php /*?>require_once './setup/lib/FormDisplay.class.php';
require_once './setup/lib/index.lib.php';

$config_readable = false;
$config_writable = false;
$config_exists = false;
$cfg['AllowArbitraryServer'] =true;
check_config_rw($config_readable, $config_writable, $config_exists);
?>
<h2><?php echo $GLOBALS['strSetupConfigurationFile'] ?></h2>
<?php display_form_top('config.php'); ?>
<input type="hidden" name="eol" value="<?php echo htmlspecialchars(PMA_ifSetOr($_GET['eol'], 'unix')) ?>" />
<?php display_fieldset_top('', '', null, array('class' => 'simple')); ?>
<tr>
    <td>
        <textarea cols="50" rows="20" name="textconfig" id="textconfig" spellcheck="false"><?php
            echo htmlspecialchars(ConfigFile::getInstance()->getConfigFile())
        ?>
<?php /*?>require_once './setup/lib/FormDisplay.class.php';

the

/*?>

shouldn't be there in line 1

I commented the script out before posting to this site, sorry.

OK, even removing the comment the ?> shouldn't be there
so you have
<?php require_once('./setup/lib/FormDisplay.class.php');

Thanks TonyG. That's sorted it!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.