i want to copy data from an access database to a sql database 2008 through coding in vb.net any help ?
NB : I WANT ALSO TO CHECK FOR DUPLICATES EACH I SELECT FROM ACCESS TO COPY IN SQL

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm not well versed in vb.net but in visual foxpro i use ODBC drivers to connect to access and mysql datasources.

After you've got your actual connections sorted you will need to extract the data from access (lets assume you only need one table), store it in memory and then do your checks for uniqueness before passing the results that are OK into the SQL database.
Depending on your data you could potentially handle the duplicates through the use of primary keys and unique constraints in the SQL database. That would speed things up a lot as you wouldn't need to write (and then run) code to check each row against every other row (which gets out of hand quickly as the number of rows increases).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.