Anyone will help me to solve this? this is about ER diagram and some other stuff about database.

This is the exercise:

"Project a DataBase to support a architectural studio which offers its customers proposals refurbishment.
Each component of furniture ( table , chairs , ... ) is characterized by a code identification , by a name ,a brief description , the date of commencement of production and dimensions . For each component we want to retain color information on which is available and materials . Each component may be Available in many many colors and materials. For each component we want to know with the firm that has produced . In particular, for each firm we want to know the name, address, telephone, fax , name and surname of the person of reference. Each component can be produced by many firms and each firm can produce more component used by architectural studio.
Database we also want to retain information that studio furniture projects carries. For each project , we want to memorize data for client which the project is implemented ( name , surname ,tax code , address ) , the date on which the project is implemented and the architect that realized the project ( name, surname and contact) . Each customer can have many projects ordered by him , and each project performed by an architect.

Each project consists of a set of projects environment . For each environment , we want to know the name ( kitchen ,Salon , ... ) , dimensions (length , width , height ) , the color of the floor and the walls . Finally we want to know the components of furniture that provides project to put in any environment with the appropriate color and materilain and that the firm has produced."
To define a scheme E / R that describes the whole information content of the system, illustrated with clarity all data solutions . The scheme shall be completed with the relevant attribute for each entity and relation . It should be explained clearly Cardinality constraints and participation in every relation .

After it is built schemes E / R be given answers to these questions through relational algebra and language
SQL .

1- Find the address of the clients who have commissioned the project with code "ASR42"

2- Find the name and surname of the architects who have designed "Kitchen facilities"

3- Find all projects that have used only components "Desks"

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

do you have anything to show us

we wont do it for you but we will help you work through it

Thanks for reply! :)
I said, if anyone have free time to read the exercise and to solve.
That's all.

Regardless. You are still asking for someone to do your homework for you. You haven't shown us that you have put in any effort.

If I know how to do it, I never will ask here!

Member Avatar for diafol

If I know how to do it, I never will ask here!

Asking for help on soemthing specific is fine, but you said...

if anyone have free time to read the exercise and to solve.

That's not teaching you a new skill or a technique - that's doing the whole thing for you. That's not what Daniweb is about. Now, if you have a specific question, fire away.

Listen, I'm a biginner in Database and dont know too much. Is not my fault that professors give us exams that we cant solve, coz we not are ready yet.
Here I guess will find professional people that have good intention to help. So I'm not forcing no one to help me. Thanks!

Member Avatar for diafol

Listen, I'm a biginner in Database and dont know too much. Is not my fault that professors give us exams that we cant solve, coz we not are ready yet.

Nobody says it's your fault. Just do some research first - many of us here are completely self-taught. There are thousands of online tutorials on what you need. We're prepared to help those who help themselves. Providing you with a solution and you passing that off as your own work would, I imagine, be against the rules of your college and could land you in big trouble - I believe it's called plagiarism.

Anyway thank u for ur time!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.