Hello to all! I am using Sql server express 2008. Now I want to use Integtation services such as creating and executing packages.
But I could not find any interface to create and execute packages in version of server which i am using.

When I go to start menu > SQL Sever 2008> Integration Services" then there are two feautures are shown, 1: Data Profile View, 2: Execute
Package Utility.

I don't know what is purpose of second i-e "Execute package Utility"
because when i click on this utility then an error message appears:
"Error: The Execute package utility requires integration services to be installed by one these editions of SQL Sever 2008: Standard, Enterprise, Developer, or Evaluation. To install integratio services run SQL Server setup and select Integration services"

According to instruction in above error when I ran setup of sql server, in tab of Installation type when i select "New installation or add shared features" then "feature selection window" is open and there were only these three feartures showed.were present
1: DataBase Engine Services
2:SQL Sever Replication
3:SQL Client connectivity SDK

There was no feature named Integration services. Please guide me how can I install integration services ?either i should install another edition of sql server or my installation method is faulty?

Second question is that, For analysis and reporting services hich tools should I use?

Please answer my questions , I shall be thanksfull to you.

2 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by hericles

You need at least the standard edition to have integration services. It isn't included in the express version.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.