Hello,

I have a database in Access, and I know SQL coding for it. So i wrote a query that would get different things from database and put it all together in a nice table.. I update the database, it updates the output from query. I also have a website, built in xhtml, so nothing fancy.

Website files and database are both on same computer server and folder. How can I insert some code onto my webpage, that would open and run this query, and basically import my access database on website? Sure, you can say - read up on it... But i'm still reading on how to create a server, SQL coding, and further Java, so I'm fried... Any help, doens't have to be code, though that would help, would be appreciated.

Hello,

I have a database in Access, and I know SQL coding for it. So i wrote a query that would get different things from database and put it all together in a nice table.. I update the database, it updates the output from query. I also have a website, built in xhtml, so nothing fancy.

Website files and database are both on same computer server and folder. How can I insert some code onto my webpage, that would open and run this query, and basically import my access database on website? Sure, you can say - read up on it... But i'm still reading on how to create a server, SQL coding, and further Java, so I'm fried... Any help, doens't have to be code, though that would help, would be appreciated.

Use an easier language like Python or PHP and create a file updatetable.php, which holds the code needed to run youre desired query. You can pass parameters to the file and whatever else you want to do. You can make that file a link on the first page, when the user clicks it they will be taken to the updateTable.php and once the table has been updated you can re-route the user back to the view (first page).

This is very hackish but will work for what you need to do. Also for php to run you will need to be running apache, I suggest using XAMPP or somethign similar. Google XAMPP and you should find a self installing WAMPP stack.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.