I was wondering what is the Database Storage Capacity for the following databases:

MySQL 5

Microsoft Sql Server 2005

MS Access 2003

Thanx

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

what do you mean by the database storage capacity?

I meant how much each data (in GB or TB) can each of those database store

never seen information like this, don't take me wrong but this can be limitless if you have proper resources. But take it like this, your size of database is either limited by storage capacity of you pc/network or your webservice provider

I agree, I think you will run into hardware limitations probably long before you run into software ones. Plus, I don't think there is a size limitation on the database so much as on a specific table. I believe the major DBMS all boast being able to handle 2TB size tables.

Have to be that way, just take e-bay (no advertising) what hell of database they have to run store all details about sellers, buyers and things for sale...

Have to be that way, just take e-bay (no advertising) what hell of database they have to run store all details about sellers, buyers and things for sale...

They use AS 400 database from IBM, which cost thousands of US dollars

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.