hello, I am trying to help Jennifer who uses Access. The MS office is XP/2002.

When she keys in the information she needs it bring up all the data and not just the data she is asking for, so it's not filtering.

When she views SQL an astericks * shows up on one of the lines and it shouldn't.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also I asked when she used to have this problem. She statest she got the laptop in May and all worked well it had 2003 office then. But our company rolled back to 2002 b/c of compatibility issues, it was then the her issue occured.

thanks in adavance

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Can you post the enitre SQL? Maybe give us a better idea about what she's entering, and what type of results you want?

If it's a WHERE sql clause, change the * to a 'whatever'.

Select Dbo_customer.cust_nbr, Dbo_customer.cust_name, Dbo_ires_branch_daily.invoice_date, Dbo_ires_branch_daily.new_compl, Dbo_ires_branch_daily.used_compl, Dbo_ires_branch_daily.rental_income, Dbo_customer.br_code, *

Select Dbo_customer.cust_nbr, Dbo_customer.cust_name, Dbo_ires_branch_daily.invoice_date, Dbo_ires_branch_daily.new_compl, Dbo_ires_branch_daily.used_compl, Dbo_ires_branch_daily.rental_income, Dbo_customer.br_code, *

Tek Maven the SQL is above:

I still don't understand what you are trying to acomplish..?

I still don't understand what you are trying to acomplish..?

True. I am limited, as far as my experience and understanding of Access.. but the point of the matter is that a user used to be able to query a database and do filters so that it generates a list/report that she wants to see. She has been able to do so in the past using Office 2003, but when she reverted back to Office 2002 she is unable to.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.