Hi all,

I now have four server

SERVER A is acted as distribution server
SERVER B, C is acted as publication server
SERVER D is acted as subscription server

A is located with same network segment with B and C.
D is located with different network segment.

Server B and Server C is a heavy duty server.

So, how can i check on

1. time and data size ( replication command that send from time to time )from SERVER B, C to SERVER D?
2. time and data size ( replication command that going to push to subscription server ) from SERVER B, C to SERVER A?

Basically, i wish to know the traffic information among these servers to adjust my schedule task and also the network design...

The link between A,B,C and D broke down when the server B, C become busy during office hour...

Or, is it a good practice to put Server A as distribution and not put together with SERVER B and SERVER C?

Hope to get reply from your all soon.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I now have four server

SERVER A is acted as distribution server
SERVER B, C is acted as publication server
SERVER D is acted as subscription server

A is located with same network segment with B and C.
D is located with different network segment.

Server B and Server C is a heavy duty server.

So, how can i check on

1. time and data size ( replication command that send from time to time )from SERVER B, C to SERVER D?
2. time and data size ( replication command that going to push to subscription server ) from SERVER B, C to SERVER A?

Basically, i wish to know the traffic information among these servers to adjust my schedule task and also the network design...

The link between A,B,C and D broke down when the server B, C become busy during office hour...

Or, is it a good practice to put Server A as distribution and not put together with SERVER B and SERVER C?

Hope to get reply from your all soon.

Thanks in advance.

The default for microsoft is every 15 minutes, I can't remeber off hand the exact details of how to reduce the network over load/ increase the timings, but is documented on the Microsoft technet site by searching under replication

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.