I've been thinking to design a web-based database (in DB2 and PHP) for my father's company, but I need some help because I don't know where to start.
- The database will be used to store Microsoft Office's files (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher) and Adobe files (Indesign, PageMaker, and Photoshop).
- The table will contain these fields:
- ProductCode (Example: IPS50LM) - This is used for the recognize the type of product
- FileName (Example: IPS50LM_Brochure) - Self Explanatory
- Size - Self Explanatory
- Type (Example: Microsoft Word)- Self Explanatory
- Date Created - Self Explanatory
- Last Modified - Self Explanatory
- File Path (Example: C:\MyDoc\IPS50LM\IPS50LM_Brochure.doc) - The path for the file.
- FileNotes (Example: Brochure for Client no.1) - Self-Notes
[*] The Features:
- Open Files (By double-clicking on the entry and it will open the appropriate program for the file type.)
Now the biggest problem is: How am I supposed to make the Windows OS opens the appropriate program for the double-clicked file?
Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance!
PS: I am a complete newbie on Database.