Intrade 33 Junior Poster

How would one do this?

I've tried extended searches for this and apparently any time I mention WoW and a socket (in reference to WoW the game and socket as in the socket API for Lua), I get a bunch of crap about socketing items in WoW and not any relevant information on how to use the Socket api to import/export data from WoW.

My overall goal is to create an addon that performs updates on an external database, rather than a local one. This is so that multiple users can handle the same data without having to synchronize files on the fly or save times + operations then synching.

As an example, let's assume I'm using an addon and a guildmate is using the same addon.

When I make a change to the addon, and my guildmate makes a change, I want it to be made such that the moment I perform a change he gets the update in a very fast manner. I also want to be able to rely on the addon to send him information that I've stored even when I'm offline.

The only truly good means of doing this is to communicate with an external database that both him and I can access when we're online. It would solve a world of problems.

If anyone has experience with communicating with an external database, from WoW via the wow-api or even their own library please let me know.