Hi and I have tried some UV mapping in blender and although it can be handy in some situations I have found it to not do the job for my situation. Basically all I want to do is for a texture to pattern around every face of the object without stretching the image. Does anybody know how to do this or where a tutorial might be because currently as I dont want to stretch the image over the huge object (like I currently know how to do) but instead of patterning it so the same image might be side by side 100 times as it is a large object.
Please send tutorial links etc on how to do so.
Thanks

Hi and I have tried some UV mapping in blender and although it can be handy in some situations I have found it to not do the job for my situation. Basically all I want to do is for a texture to pattern around every face of the object without stretching the image. Does anybody know how to do this or where a tutorial might be because currently as I dont want to stretch the image over the huge object (like I currently know how to do) but instead of patterning it so the same image might be side by side 100 times as it is a large object.
Please send tutorial links etc on how to do so.
Thanks

Learning Blender is a very deep experience as there are very few things that blender cannot do.

If you want to paint directly on the surface of your model without worrying about uvs and distortion then you should take a look at projection painting... it can do wonders....

here a tutorial on projection painting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkzLzRIv3XE

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.