Hello everyone. I am new here and would like to know what would be the best way to go about
setting up a website account creation system that will also store there account into a mysql database but also add it to a game database witch is sql.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

learning about such things would be a good start.
Learning how to ask questions that are not vague and ambiguous also helps a lot.

OK, ill try this again , I have a joomla CMS website up and running. I am planing on setting up some kind of user management system. Joomla uses MYSQL for the database and the game I am working on uses SQL. I would like to know how to get the users section when they create an account they would also have an account into the game.
Thanks

Have the game point to the database on your web server. If the game server isn't running locally on the same as your website, make sure your webserver allows access to the database from other IPs. Most by default won't allow it, if your webserver is your own private that it shouldn't be a problem. Create a separate mysql user account for the game to use for access.

You could also create an interface using get or post methods using a php script via which your game can get results to preset sql statements.

Your game can call the script to get the data or even change it... but it may not be the best way to do it.

There is no magic bullet here.
You're not going to somehow create records in one database when they appear in another without some work on your end.

The normal way to do such things is to have a program run at regular intervals (once an hour, once a day, whatever) that checks for changes in one database and if it finds any does something in the other.

Conceivably you could also have the inserts in the master database trigger a stored procedure that launches an external program that in turn updates the other database.

There is no magic bullet here.
You're not going to somehow create records in one database when they appear in another without some work on your end.

The normal way to do such things is to have a program run at regular intervals (once an hour, once a day, whatever) that checks for changes in one database and if it finds any does something in the other.

Conceivably you could also have the inserts in the master database trigger a stored procedure that launches an external program that in turn updates the other database.

i was wondering if any can explain how to do any of thos thigs to me please or just tell me how to link this to my webpage http://localhost/ thanks?

i was wondering if any can explain how to do any of thos thigs to me please or just tell me how to link this to my webpage http://localhost/ thanks?

You need to install apache on your PC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.