Currently making a space invaders game using a game engine framework from my university called EGG. It tackles all the DirectX for me and even has collision detection. All I have to do is add the game code into the framework using c++.

At the moment I'm finding it hard to work out how to spawn multiple enemies, move them across the screen and drop down a line (The shooting and collision ill worry about later).

I'm pretty sure it'll involve creating a enemy class with derived classes for different types of enemies such as invaders and Motherships ect.

This think this is a great game to start with and i want to put my own mark on it and not have it as mirror image of the original.

If anybody can help or offer advice I would appreciate all of it.

Thanks in advance.

Contributors
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by PsychoLogic

You might want to look at using an stl container (list or vector would be suitable) to maintain a collection of your enemies. It might also make sense to use a 2d array because of the layout of the enemies.

To handle the moving and dropping down, maybe look at using collision detection with something at the edge of the screen.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.