emilo35 3 Junior Poster in Training

Hi there!

I'm currently working on a school project using a Kinect device. Me and my friend decided that we wanted to create the same 3D effect as this guy (Using our Kinect instead of using a Wii).

We've made everything work perfectly, and we actually get a really cool 3D effect when walking around in the room. However, for that final awesome touch, we would like to draw sticks that are closer to the viewer than the clipping plane. This way it would feel like they actually come out of the screen.

The problem is that all sources I find on the web about OpenGL clipping suggest it can't be turned off. In this case however, this is a desired effect, and I wonder if someone knows a way to bypass this and make OpenGL draw stuff that is "behind me".

I'm pretty sure I managed to create a similar effect a couple of years ago, when my surface just got bigger and bigger the more I moved towards it. Back then it was undesired, but I just can't recall what caused this back then.

Sorry for the long post. I hope there is someone who can help me!

Best regards,
Emil Olofsson

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.