i want to know which is the best language for the game programming?

Votes + Comments
what's wrong with the dozen threads about this exact topic that already have been discussed to death?
Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by CJMW

Matter of opinion about which is the 'best' I guess but I believe the most used language for game programming is C++.

there is no "best".
Read all the other threads about it, several with the exact same title...

@Hericles: C# is becoming ever more popular, especially as engines like Unity become more powerful and stable.
And very few projects will be written using a single language. Most will have a core in one language, then implement some scripting language for most other stuff that's easier to use for the content designers.

Edited by jwenting

If you want to create your games using an already existing game engine ( like unity or udk ) i suggest learning some scripting languages like c# or javascript ( both used in unity ) otherwise if you're planing on creating your own game engine or programming using an API or a library then C++ is your best choise .

Like others have stated, there is no right and wrong language to use when programming games, its just a matter of opinion and what you feel comfortable with. I like to use C# and XNA as I feel my workflow is a lot faster compared to C++ and OpenGL. It really depends on what sort of game your wanting to programme (2D/3D) and what content is will contain.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.