guys..I'm in my senior year and I need to make a senior project by next semester. I'm planning to make a mobile application that will send the data to a computer and store it in a database and finally output it in a webpage or something. the problem is I do not know where to start...I've been searching the net on how to send data from a cellphone to a computer but I cant get any ideas. Can anybody please help with this? I mean does anybody know how to sent data from a cellphone to a computer via GPRS or something. I would like to hear some suggestions from you guys..thanks hope to hear from yo soon

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Bluetooth, InfraRed (OBEX) or traditional HTTP/HTTPS.
As you want to do later publish last option would be most suitable

commented: Great to see you are still an avid helper ! Been away for a while but I am back now ! +4

I'm planning to do a HTTP connection. does anybody have any knowledge on how to do it? or could anybody please provide me with tutorials? I've been searching the net but I cant find a good tutorial for mobile application specially how to connect to the internet via cellphone..hope to hear from you guys soon..thanks

Recommended reading Kicking Butt with MIDP and MSA: Creating Great Mobile Applications or Beginning J2ME: From Novice to Professional, or I should say must to read for any of you who wish to start Java mobile development.
Or try to follow any of the numerous tutorials on the internet, but then you are running risk of copy&paste syndrome where your code will be working but you have no clue what is actually happening inside your code, google search

commented: Excellent collection of info +36

brother i am also doing a similar but different project ...
I want to make a mobile application for my final year diploma , but my topic is i want to create a mobile application for java based mobiles which can play all format videos, normally the java based phones play only 3gp or mp4 extension, i want my application to play all the formats...

you can go here"http://www.jasonlam604.com/v2/index.php?action=tipshints"...
here you may get help...

That is exactly what I warned about. Code snippets, with zero explanation, you have zero idea what you doing. On top of that any networking activity requires use of Threads which above website doesn't show.
My rating for you on provided resources, out of 5 stars you only get half star for attempt to search...

That is exactly what I warned about. Code snippets, with zero explanation, you have zero idea what you doing. On top of that any networking activity requires use of Threads which above website doesn't show.
My rating for you on provided resources, out of 5 stars you only get half star for attempt to search...

sorry, i was not aware of it and will take this point into consideration next time...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.